Re: [Groff] inconsistent synopsis for .MAILTO

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] inconsistent synopsis for .MAILTO
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:18:44 +0000

well it maybe that Rick has hit upon a solution to the inconsistent
synopsis for .MAILTO. We could use his rather neat .HTTP command and
deprecate URL, FTP, MAILTO ? (And fold them onto .HTTP requests for
the interim).

>       .HTTP www.dot.com/joecool/home.html
>       Home Page for
>       Silly Groff Tricks
>       .HTTP

if needs be, for devices other than -Thtml, we could extract the
protocol from the address component using the `substr' command and
then highlight mail addresses differently from ftp locations etc, etc.

What do others think?

Gaius