RE: [Groff] man page white paper -- mostly in german -- and 2 Que stions

From: Freudenberger Joerg
Subject: RE: [Groff] man page white paper -- mostly in german -- and 2 Que stions
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:05:42 +0200

Hallo Werner
Hallo together

> Nice!  Nevertheless, there exists a tool (please check older
> entries of comp.os.linux.announce group) which simplifies management
> of multiple languages in one document.

I'm afraid I'm not able to locale a html browsable news archive
with comp.os.linux.announce.

In some former times I found "Karl Heinz Marbaise" MultUnil Package.
        (at that former time only available as bz2 which was
        always broken after download ... ).
        http://www.fido.de/kama/multunil/multunil-de.html
        http://www.fido.de/kama/multunil/multunil-en.html
I will look on it in some weeks ...

I will try your change in tmac.a4 on my not suspect installation at home.

> You must have an incorrect setup of gs.
Yes, I have better I had. The 6.xx W32 Package has less standard fonts
inside than the usual 5.x Linux Packages ...
And they are extended W32 Packages (of older versions) around ...

Now the mkdoc charset list display fine on gsview.
        (http://www.ee.ed.ac.uk/~memos/mkdoc/
        eqn_chars_ps.ps pschars.ps zapfdingbats.ps)
Apologies.

Thank you.

Yours
        Jörg