gpsd-users

Re: Gpsd sending SKY message twice

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Gpsd sending SKY message twice
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 22:25:44 -0800

Yo Tomáš!

On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:22:29 +0100
Tomáš Vostřel <vostrelt@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Before we can help you furhter, you need to run gpsdebuginfo, and
> > send us the output.  That is easier for us all, rather than playing
> > 20 questions to get the important info from you that you have not
> > already provided.
> >

> That's not an option because gpsd is running on a proprietal embedded
> system without many tools gpsdebuginfo uses, e.g. python. So the
> output is full of "command not found" messages, not useful.

Please let be the judge of what is useful.  A lot of the output
does not require python.  None of the stuff I was looking for
from you needed python.

> Can I ask another question regarding gpsd sending PPS messages? It
> seems gpsd only ships them if control socket is enabled at build
> time. Why is it?

I never run gpsd with a control socket, and PPS works fine for me.

> #if defined(CONTROL_SOCKET_ENABLE) && defined(SOCKET_EXPORT_ENABLE)

tell me you did not compile so that this part did not get built?

> /* on PPS interrupt, ship a message to all clients

With no sockets, no way for gpsd to ouput the time!

Can you send me your build log?  Looks like you have done so weird things.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588