gpsd-users

Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:01:28 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 20:09:58 +0200
Hans Mayer via <gpsd-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> this task terminated after 3 days and I run the remaining jobs
> gpsdecode, gpsprof, gnuplot and display as described in the man page.

Care to share your results?

> But the issue is not reproducible. In a sense of statistics I got
> reasonable results this time.
>
> CEP50% = 0.612m , CEP95% = 1.612m , CEP99% = 2.050m

Looks good, but I'd like to see your raw data.

> But I see there another issue. In the last line of used satellites I
> have only zeros.

No way for us to guess the issue without seeing your raw data.

> With the other method connecting gpsproof directly to gpsd I have for
> example this last line
>
> Used 50.5  39  59  3.8 sats  ( for mean, min, max and sigma )

Without the exact command lines you used, and your raw data, no way for us
to know...

> The problem with 0 satellites can also be reproduced with a one
> minute sampling rate.

Whagt do you mean by "sampling rate"?  And how are you setting it?

> > On 10.09.22 22:21, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> >>
> >> Easy to grab:  gpspipe -R > raw.log

Still waiting for that here.

RGDS
GARY