gpsd-users

Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:56:04 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:47:40 +0200
Hans Mayer via <gpsd-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> > Still waiting for that here.
>
> Attached you can a small raw log. It's compressed with bzip2.
>
> If you create a PNG file you can see that the bottom line shows only
> zeros.

Don't need to.  I just looked at the file with ubxtool:

    ubxtool -f  scatter1m_f9p_mnt.raw -v 2

It contains both UBX-NAV-SAT and UBX-NAV-SIG messages.  Which are
incomaptible with each other,

UBX-NAV-SAT knows nothing of multuiple signals (l1 & L2, etc.  It is
only for back compatility.  The new UBX-NAV-SIG is for use with the
newer signals.

That is confusing gpsd.  You need to configure your u-blox properly.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588