gpsd-users

Re: Change from 3.23 to 3.24 - program doesn't work?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Change from 3.23 to 3.24 - program doesn't work?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 10:39:39 -0700

Yo David!

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 11:22:39 +0100
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 20/06/2022 07:41, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Yo David!
> >
> > I can't see how that ever worked.  Your program does not check
> > if the receiver JSON has the data you are trying to read.
> >
> > Take a look at example.c for ideas on what is missing.
>
> Gary,
>
> I could not find "example.c" for gpsd.

It is in the git repo, in the tar ball, in the libgps man page, ion
the web page,  etc.

Since you don't know how to grep or search:

https://gpsd.io/gpsd-client-example-code.html

> I did find gpssnmp.c and a compiled version, which appears to be a
> tidied up version of the software I submitted some time back, for
> which, thanks!

Yeah, bot used by many.

> On running the compiled version, though, I get a "connection failed"
> error.
>
>     pi@RasPi-22:~/gpsd/gpsd-3.24.1~dev/clients $ gpssnmp -g
> .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.33 gpssnmp: ERROR: connection failed

Hmm, I see that.  I'll look at it.

WHile we are talking SNMP, I have been asked where those OIDs came from?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588