gpsd-users

Changing Between Baud Rates on a uBlox Receiver without Programmable Fla

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: Changing Between Baud Rates on a uBlox Receiver without Programmable Flash Memory
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 22:50:52 -0500

Hello,

I frequently have to work with uBlox receivers lacking programmable
flash memory and I'm wondering what mechanisms (if any) GPSd has
available to switch from the default baud rate of 9600 (or sometimes
38400) to a higher baud rate. Once configured a system would use the
higher baud rate across reboots unless there's a full power cycle, at
which time the default baud rate is present. I know GPSd does
auto-bauding, but I think that would only get me to the 9600 baud
rate?

Thanks!

Josh Q