gpsd-users

Re: Gpsmon and "FAA" value

From: scorpion7
Subject: Re: Gpsmon and "FAA" value
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 17:39:43 -0500

Gary,

        Awesome info!  Thanks for the fast response.  Quick question regarding
this... FAA "D" has seemingly been the preferred mode.  If the result is "A" -
any sense of the implication?

For reference and those playing with RPI4: recently updated to Bullseye
(previously it is was "D").  Have also noticed some changes around the PPS
kernel module/behavior.  It's an RPI4 w/4G of RAM, using the Adafruit GPS HAT
(746) dedicated to NTP - if that matters.

Thanks!

On 11/18/21, 16:48, "gpsd-users on behalf of Gary E. Miller"
<gpsd-users-bounces+scorpion7=iqonline.net@nongnu.org on behalf of
gem@rellim.com> wrote:

    Yo scorpion7!

    I updated the NMEA.adoc file.  Now it reads:

    |========================================================
    | Mode | Description
    | A | Autonomous mode
    | C | Quectel Querk, "Caution"
    | D | Differential Mode
    | E | Estimated (dead-reckoning) mode
    | F | RTK Float mode
    | M | Manual Input Mode
    | N | Data Not Valid
    | P | Precise (4.00 and later)
    | R | RTK Integer mode
    | S | Simulated Mode
    | U | Quectel Querk, "Unsafe"

    I'm guessing "Manual" is the same as "Simulated", but it might instead mean
    "Surveyed".

    RGDS
    GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588