gpsd-users

Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd losing connection to ublox
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 10:35:15 -0800

Yo Niall!

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 20:24:39 -0800
Niall Parker <stuff@npengineering.ca> wrote:

> On 2021-11-17 7:21 p.m., Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > [..]
> > I do see this in the tmp3.log:
> >
> > gpsd:PROG: gpsd_multipoll(5) DEVICE_UNCHANGED for 11
> >
> > That is talking about fd=5, which is your tty.  That is not right,
> > so I'll dig at that.
>
> So DEVICE_UNCHANGED is indication the tty stopped for at least 5
> seconds ?

Sort of, more likely a gpsd bug since data is obviously flowing.

> While the error seems to still happen when speed is fixed the
> consequences aren't so bad when gpsd doesn't start autobauding.

Yup.

> Feels like the best test to see whether a GPS hw problem or serial
> driver problem would be to tee the serial TX off to another port and
> watch ... unfortunately the system is remote, will have to see what I
> can arrange. Open to any other ideas ...

Nah, I'm pretty sure that is a new bug from the reconnect code.

> In the meantime I need to figure out why the client nodes won't synch
> to the timeserver node (despite open firewalls and all restrictions
> removed in ntp.conf). Unfortunately the ntpsec listserver isn't as
> responsive as the gpsd one, still waiting on subscription request ...

Yes, that has been a problem recently.  Feel free to ask NTPsec
questions here, many of the same people from there are also here.

The key debug item is what your ntpmon shows.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588