gpsd-users

Re: Testing 3.23: Status so far....

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Testing 3.23: Status so far....
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 11:31:11 -0600

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 17:14:02 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> As mentioned previously, something Gary said lead me to realize
> that /etc/default/gpsd is in the repo. However, it was not getting
> installed via "scons udev-install". Providing my own helped. However,
> copying packaging/deb/etc_default_gpsd.in and substituting /run for
> @RUNDIR@ seems to have worked.

For other reasons, I re-installed Bullseye (from the release candidate
3 version of the installer). I then installed enough system to compile
gpsd. I then installed it, and provided /etc/default/gpsd as noted.
That worked just fine.

I'll reinstall again (for other reasons) and install gpsd from the
Debian repo, just to be paranoid. But I think that will be fine.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/