gpsd-users

Re: scons check breaks with latest version of gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: scons check breaks with latest version of gpsd
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:44:37 -0700

Yo Michael!

On Mon, 12 Jul 2021 17:31:44 +0200
Michael Byczkowski <by@by-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When running the scons check on the last few GitLab version of gpsd,
> it breaks with the error msg. Testing the geoid and variation
> models... /home/pi/gpsd/gpsd-3.22.1~dev/tests/test_geoid
>       /home/pi/gpsd/gpsd-3.22.1~dev/tests/test_json
>       JSON unit tests
>       case 4 FAILED
>       'dftbyte' t_byte eval failed, value = 252 s/b -4.
>       scons: *** [gpsd-3.22.1~dev/json-regress] Error 1
>       scons: building terminated because of errors.

Works for me on Gentoo stable and unstable, on amd64, arm32 and arm64.
And on all the GitLab CI pipelines.

> Do you have any tips for me, here?

Send us your entire build log, from clean to configure, build and check.

My first guess is that you are using an odd C compiler?  I'm guess your
"char" are unsigned instead of signed?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588