gpsd-users

Properly handle response characters limit

From: Krix Rosinski
Subject: Properly handle response characters limit
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:31:38 +0200

Hello,

The documentation states a certain size limit for json responses. We often see truncated SKY messages when the receiver detects a high number of satellites.

We need DOP/nSat/uSat fields only, so the ideal option would be to exclude the "satellites" completely. Is something like this possible or is there a standard way to bypass this issue, please?

Ref.
"The length limit for responses and reports is 1536 characters, including the trailing CR-NL. Longer responses will be truncated, so client code must be prepared for the possibility of invalid JSON fragments."
https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/gpsd_json.html

Kind regards,
Krzysztof