gpsd-users

Re: powering on gps device

From: Nachiket Gokhale
Subject: Re: powering on gps device
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:03:20 +0530

Yo Gary!

Things are not as rosy as I thought they were yesterday. Yes, sending the right AT commands to the device helped. But I am not able to reliably repeat yesterday's results. As of now, I am trying to figure out whether this is due to my gps shutting down.

Nachiket

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 10:57 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Nachiket!

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 17:42:07 +0530
Nachiket Gokhale <gokhalen@gmail.com> wrote:

> After I sent the previous email, I had an idea. I made the gps write
> out all the data (GGA,GLL,GSA,GSV, RMC,VTG,ZDA) it had to the serial
> port. After doing so, I seem to get TPV classes in my client. I will
> verify this again tomorrow, and ask again if I have any questions.

If you share, here, what you did that worked, it will help others in the
future with the same issue.

Also, if you have any doc on that device, please share as well.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588