gpsd-users

Re: powering on gps device

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: powering on gps device
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:10:44 -0700

Yo Nachiket!

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 17:09:53 +0530
Nachiket Gokhale <gokhalen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, for what it's worth, I don't get a continuous stream of output
> from cat /dev/ttyS0.

I do not understand what that means.  Best to show you data instead of
describe it.

> The amount of output I get is proportional to
> the delay between successive cat commands.

I do not understand what that means.

> If I enter them very
> quickly one after the other,

Enter what very quickly?

> I'll get a few lines of output. If I
> wait for a while between cat commands I will get more lines of output.

Lost me.

Also, do you have doc for the SIMCOM 808?  It is on their website
but requires a password that I do not have.  Without doc, we are
just guessing.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588