gpsd-users

Re: How to download log from Ublox M8N?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: How to download log from Ublox M8N?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 12:12:21 -0700

Yo Martin!

On Sat, 22 May 2021 22:42:20 +0200
Martin Ždila <m.zdila@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to download log from Ublox M8N module to (nmea or gpx)
> file. I am able to do it with u-blox u-center but I could not find
> how to do it with ubxtool.

Most M8B do not support UBX-LOG-*.  Are you sure your model does?

How about some information on your configuration.  Please run
gpsdebuginfo and report the full output here:

    https://gpsd.io/gpsdebuginfo

> This command prints that it is retrieving the log, but nothing is
> saved:
>
> ubxtool -f /dev/rfcomm0 -P 18.00 -p LOG-RETRIEVE

And the exact output of that was?

Did you read the howto?  It is not that simple.

https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_logging

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588