gpsd-users

Re: How to download log from Ublox M8N?

From: Martin Ždila
Subject: Re: How to download log from Ublox M8N?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 09:11:13 +0200

Hi Gary,

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 9:17 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Martin!

On Sat, 22 May 2021 22:54:36 +0200
Martin Ždila <m.zdila@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 10:42 PM Martin Ždila <m.zdila@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I would like to download log from Ublox M8N module to (nmea or gpx)
> > file. I am able to do it with u-blox u-center but I could not find
> > how to do it with ubxtool.
> >

> Just noticed that every record is actuallt dumped as command output.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant thet every logger position is reported like this:

UBX-LOG-RETRIEVEPOS:
  entryIndex 252 lon 212365890 lat 487064420 hMSL 247100 hAcc 15000
  gSpeed 20 heading 23000000 version 0 fixType 3
  year 2021 month 5 day 22 hour 20 min 24 sec 46
  reserved1 x0 numSV 9 reserved2 x0

> Is there a way to get it as nmea or gpx?

I'm sure there is, if you want to write some code.

I will write some parser for the above messages which will create gpx. I will share it here once I have it.

Few u-blox support UBX-LOG- and fewer peoeple even know it exists.  So no
one has requested such a thing before.

I have something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254603726859?hash=item3b4790900b:g:DyQAAOSwM4Rc~hrH

In the picture you can see SPI Flash which is AFAIK used to store the log.

Best regards

--
Ing. Martin Ždila