gpsd-users

Re:

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:03:08 -0700

Yo Massimiliano!

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 19:51:37 +0200
Massimiliano Fago <massimiliano.fago@gmail.com> wrote:

> it is a pleasure to hear from you, you are always very helpful.
> I am modifying my hardware and now I have u-blox SAM-M8Q installed

Should be an easy upgrade.  A basic u-blox 8 with antenna, LNA, etc.

gpsmon only decodes a very small subset of the u-blox 7 and lower
binary.  Newer gpsd versions use new messages that gpsmon does not
understand.

> Now I am using cgps and I can see the time and the fix. But what I
> can't see in this interface is the PPS.

Yes.  That is what ntpshmmon is for.  That shows the PPS as it is given
to ntpd, not indirectly by the PPS debug JSON.

The PPS in gpsmon misleads too many people.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588