gpsd-users

Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi

From: Paul Theodoropoulos
Subject: Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 12:50:55 -0700

On 5/31/2020 12:38 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
It was said:

The Raspberry Pi Foundation has released a Debian 64 bit OS beta:
The Raspberry Pi foundation does not release Debian, The Debian project
releases Debian.  There has been much confusion here of late about
which "Buster"s we are talking about.  We need to be very, very clear,
every time, which is which, as we keep confusing the newbies.

Right. I should have written "Debian-based", so, when I wrote "specific and precise wording", that was quite the hoot!

However, it's important to note as well that the Raspberry Pi foundation doesn't release Raspbian either - The Raspbian project releases Raspbian - https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianAbout

It's not surprising that confusion like that occurs frequently, considering the scads of distributions that have underlying foundations of Debian, Fedora, Arch, etc etc etc etc etc

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com