gpsd-users

Re: Is it possible to get AIS data by ?POLL; command?

From: Владимир Калачихин
Subject: Re: Is it possible to get AIS data by ?POLL; command?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:49:14 +0300

20.04.2020 18:47, Lucien Van Elsen пишет:
The update rate ranges from 3 minutes for anchored or moored vessels, to 2 seconds for fast moving or maneuvering vessels - you'll want to increase this to keep the moored/at anchor ones from disappearing/reappearing, and to also perhaps allow for some number of missed messages.

No messages are skipped. $noVehacleTimeout - the time of absence of messages from the vehicle.

But I am not English - please forgive my English.

If your use case is just to locally display AIS information being received, you may find OpenCPN useful

OpenCPN has too many disadvantages.

Владимир Калачихин