gpsd-users

Re: Adafruit USB and PPS

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Adafruit USB and PPS
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 15:09:27 -0800

Yo Neal!

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 21:04:51 +0000
Neal Dillman <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is just to you.. as I mean no offense.   Please review:

I'm not your private consultant.  Back on list.  Paying clients get
private consults.

> Here is what I asked for:
>
>         # gpsd -D 5 -N -n /dev/pps0 /dev/ttyUSB0 |& fgrep PPS

Which is wrong.  Sorry.  I cut/paste from your email too fast.  My
original email was correct, but you added the /dev/pps0.

This is the proper line:

# gpsd -D 5 -N -n /dev/ttyUSB0 |& fgrep PPS

NO /dev/pps0.  You only put the /dev/pps0 when you are using something
weird, like /dev/ttyAMA0 on a RasPi.  And then not before the serial
device.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588