gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Binding gpsd to a specific ip address/port only?

From: Tor Rune Skoglund
Subject: [gpsd-users] Binding gpsd to a specific ip address/port only?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:39:33 +0200

Hi list,

Am I right in concluding that gpsd by itself cannot be limited to bind to specific ip addresses (e.g. similar to apache's Listen <ipaddress> directive and sshd's ListenAddress <ipaddress:port>), but always grabs all ips when making it available for network access ?

What is the correct procedure to suggest a patch or to add this feature?

(My use case is two-fold for this: Firstly; to limit the access to gpsd on specific LAN(s) or interface(s) only - could have used iptables, or course, but that creates an unwanted additional management step. Secondly, we use a container-based systems which disallows the use of the same port number in the container if the host binds to 0.0.0.0 . So in this latter case we just want to bind gpsd to the host's LAN address.)

BR, Tor Rune Skoglund, address@hidden