gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gps_read parameters

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gps_read parameters
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 05:53:36 +0000

> I wasn't asking you to bump the API version number on every commit. I
> was asking you to bump it on a change in the API.

+1.

If anyone is going to track gpsd changes to ensure all is working, they must be
able to detect API changes. Once they are in the source revision system, I
think they must be indicated. Otherwise, continual testing as changes are made
will not be done. And I cannot think that is good for gpsd. Waiting for the
release when all is properly indicated seems too late.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020