gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT

From: Burton, John
Subject: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:42:10 -0500

Hi All!
Has anyone had any experience with the Novatel SPAN-CPT (http://www.novatel.com/assets/Documents/Manuals/om-20000122.pdf) ? It is a combined INS/GPS device that provides both position and attitude / pointing information. I am interested in using this with an Linux system that already has GPSD installed and operating with a Ublox receiver. The idea is to use the Novatel instead of the ublox for what I need:
The system looks like it sends out standard NEMA sentences for Time & GPS (the first two items) but I'm just beginning to dig into the pointing information. I do not have a unit to work with yet, so I wanted to know what is possible before I start.

Anybody have any experience with this or similar devices?

John

--

John Burton, Ph.D.
MTEQ, Inc.

2680 Jefferson Davis Hwy                  Office:   540-658-2720 x1407
Stafford, VA 22554                            Mobile: 757-508-6208
address@hidden                            Fax:     540-288-2515

Please note that the contents of this email including all attachments may be privileged or confidential in nature and are intended solely for the named recipients.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and be aware that the use, copying, or dissemination of this information is prohibited.