gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 06:43:43 +0000

From: gpsd-users-bounces+address@hidden [gpsd-users-bounces+address@hidden on behalf of Burton, John address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:42 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT

> The system looks like it sends out standard NEMA sentences for Time & GPS (the first two items) but I'm just beginning to dig into the pointing information. I do not have a unit to work with yet, so I wanted to know what is possible before I start.

> Anybody have any experience with this or similar devices?

The closest we have are the Applanix Pos/LV or the OxTS RT line. They also are GPS + INS. The difference is that both of these provide roll, pitch any yaw in an NMEA record called PASHR. Support for that record recently was added to gpsd. Do you see PASHR sentences in the NMEA stream? Or do they only contain locations?

Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696