gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Cross Compiling gpsd using Sourcery G++

From: Kuhn, Thomas J (IS)
Subject: [gpsd-users] Cross Compiling gpsd using Sourcery G++
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 21:09:03 +0000

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking a moment to see if you can give me a hand.  I am not very experienced in Linux and using scons.  I really just started getting into Linux development (I’m a windows dev usually) in the last 2 months.

So I am trying to update our old version of gpsd with the latest and greatest.  There were no instructions from years ago when it was originally compiled, so now I am trying to do t from scratch.  I have the latest 3.16 release and can build it with no problems.  I am getting confused when trying to cross compile it.  I have read the build.txt file and made the .scons-option-cache file following the example in there.  Below is the output of the .scons-option-cache file and my attempt to build.

My guess is that the –I is pointing to /usr… which is causing the current issue at hand.  I have looked around for a while for how to change what  directories scons uses.  I have become completely lost.  I most likely do not have the directories correct on the .scons-option-cache file.

Is there any advice anyone can give me?

Tom

The location of the Sorcery G++ tools are: /home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/

address@hidden:~/workspace/ipu/gpsd-3.16$ cat .scons-option-cache

libgpsmm = False

python = False

prefix = '/home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/'

target = 'arm-none-linux-gnueabi'

sysroot = '/home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/'

address@hidden:~/workspace/ipu/gpsd-3.16$ scons

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

Checking if compiler accepts -Wextra ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wall ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-uninitialized ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-missing-field-initializers ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wcast-align ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-declarations ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wstrict-prototypes ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wpointer-arith ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -Wreturn-type ...(cached) yes

Checking if compiler accepts -pthread ...(cached) yes

Checking whether the C++ compiler works... (cached) yes

Checking for ncurses... (cached) yes

Checking for tinfo... (cached) yes

Checking for libusb-1.0... (cached) yes

Checking for C library librt... (cached) yes

Checking for dbus-1... (cached) yes

Checking for bluez... (cached) yes

Checking for C type in_port_t... (cached) no

Did not find in_port_t typedef, assuming unsigned short int

Checking whether SUN_LEN is declared... (cached) yes

Checking for C header file linux/can.h... (cached) yes

You have kernel CANbus available.

Checking if compiler is C11 ...(cached) no

Checking for C header file libkern/OSAtomic.h... (cached) no

No memory barriers - SHM export and time hinting may not be reliable.

Checking if compiler supplies __ORDER_BIG_ENDIAN__ ...(cached) no

Checking for C header file endian.h... (cached) yes

Checking for C function daemon()... (cached) no

Checking for C function strlcpy()... (cached) no

Checking for C function strlcat()... (cached) no

Checking for C function clock_gettime()... (cached) no

Checking for C library libbluetooth... (cached) no

libbluetooth not found, bluez cannot be enabled.

Checking for C library libdbus-1... (cached) no

libdbus-1 not found, dbus_export cannot be enabled.

Checking for C header file sys/timepps.h... (cached) no

Checking if sys/ioctl.h supplies TIOCMIWAIT ...(cached) no

Forcing pps=no (neither TIOCMIWAIT nor RFC2783 API is available)

Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) yes

Checking for QtNetwork... (cached) yes

Altered configuration variables:

pps = False (default True): PPS time syncing support

libgpsmm = False (default True): build C++ bindings

python = False (default True): build Python support and modules.

prefix = /home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/usr/ (default /usr/local): installation directory prefix

target = arm-none-linux-gnueabi (default ): cross-development target

sysroot = /home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/ (default ): cross-development system root

GPS regression tests suppressed because socket_export or python is off.

Part of the website build requires asciidoc, not installed.

scons: done reading SConscript files.

scons: Building targets ...

substituter(["jsongen.py"], ["jsongen.py.in"])

chmod -w jsongen.py

chmod +x jsongen.py

rm -f ais_json.i && /usr/bin/python jsongen.py --ais --target=parser > ais_json.i && chmod a-w ais_json.i

Creating 'gpsd_config.h'

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o ais_json.os -c -Wmissing-prototypes --sysroot=/home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc/ -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -pthread -Wmissing-declarations -O2 -pthread -fPIC -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include ais_json.c

cc1: warning: include location "/usr/include/dbus-1.0" is unsafe for cross-compilation

In file included from ais_json.c:19:

gpsd_config.h:309: error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'

gpsd_config.h:315: error: conflicting types for 'clock_gettime'

/home/kuhnto/workspace/ipu/ipu/ext/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc//usr/include/time.h:336: note: previous declaration of 'clock_gettime' was here

scons: *** [ais_json.os] Error 1

address@hidden:~/workspace/ipu/gpsd-3.16$

Tom Kuhn

Northrop Grumman Mission Systems