gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Trimble TSIP Device

From: Lee Armstrong
Subject: [gpsd-users] Trimble TSIP Device
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:16:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am using 3.16-dev and having an issue with a Trimble TSIP based module connected via a UART at 115200.  Trimble defaults of 8 - Odd - 1.

After forcing the serial port to 115200 with odd parity and 1 stop bit before launching gpsd I can get it to work fine and connect at this speed.

However…I noticed a ton of framing errors on the port and inspection of the port/gpsmon shows that it has picked the wrong parity and has set it to 8N1.

I know that gpsd does it’s own selection/hunting but it has got it wrong, very wrong!!!  How can I help it find it correctly or where can I find the line to force it and compile it myself!

Thanks,

Lee