gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gps source detection problem (GNS1301 receiver, serial

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gps source detection problem (GNS1301 receiver, serial port, gpsd 3.15 and current git, ARM cortex A8)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:54:56 -0700

Yo Arndt!

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:21:58 +0200
Arndt Kritzner <address@hidden> wrote:

> because gpsd's may be oversophisticated autodetection
> magic didn't work on my UART. It was endlessly trying UART settings.

If you set the port properly before starting gpsd then you avoid
the lengthy autobaud sequence.  You can also compile gpsd for
just the GPS you are using to avoid trying to probe for GPS you
do not support.

> For the moment I went back to gpsd 2.96 that does receive UART
> correctly.

I can't count the number of known bugs in 2.96, going back is not a good
thing.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588