gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 1 PPS and Ubuntu11.10 serial port problem

From: Robert Livingston
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 1 PPS and Ubuntu11.10 serial port problem
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:24:33 -0800

Gary,

The PPS is there (driving a rubidium standard and a timing interface) but the Resolution-T output level is CMOS, approximately 2 V. That is undoubtedly the problem with the RS232, and it is relatively simple to remedy in hardware. II had hoped that an industrial computer RS232 UART might be more forgiving, but I just tested it using a +-5V (short run) RS232, and it does not even respond to that.

Thanks for the tip. GPSD is an amazing piece of work, and your user group support is extraordinary.

Regards,
Robert

Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Robert!