gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 1 PPS and Ubuntu11.10 serial port problem

From: Robert Livingston
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 1 PPS and Ubuntu11.10 serial port problem
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 19:46:11 -0800

Gary and Hamish,

Thanks for the comments. Swiping the testing version of 3.4.1 from Debian testing (along with a couple of other packages) runs on Ubuntu 11.10 and the "not-online" errors disappear.

NTP works with the GPS as before, and as Hamish points out, that may be sufficient. However, I'd like to use the 1 PPS in addition but the serial port never seems to see the CD pin signal. In previous (older version) cases, the CD interrupt was noted in the -D5 list, and I see none now. Have you seen cases where the UART is masking the interrupts, an is there a way to see if that is the case?

Thanks.

Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Robert!

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:05:28 -0800