gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 12:44:27 -0700

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 7:53 AM Ralph Nemitz <nemitz@logicway.de> wrote:
Hi Gary,

with the new version I don't get from the  structure struct gps_data_t
satellites_visible and satellites_used. They are always zero, in 3.21 I
had real values.

Aside from the never it might be a change where valid numbers
for satellite counts are almost instantly replaced with zeros.
NTPsec has seen such an issue [1]. I believe my rat brain tells
me one was submitted to gpsd. I don't remember when.

please run "gpspipe -w -x 10 -o 2022D08-nemitz.json.log" (sans quotes)
and attach the file to an email to the list. probably next to the one Gary wants.

[1] #730 https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/issues/730