gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Major build change pushed

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘Major build change pushed
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:33:42 -0800

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020, 9:12 AM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Martin!

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:31:14 +0100
Martin Laabs <Martin.Laabs@tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> I actually would prefer to have a setuptool setup inside the gpsd to
> use pip afterwards to install the module but I think there is a
> reason why the solution is what it currently is.

All we need would be someone to create the pip file to install.  Someone
else has gpsd in pip, and it is not our code.

IIRC there is one built from gpsd code with [1] ESR is listed as the author, GEM is listed as a maintainer and the home page points to the git repo.

Totally unrelated. Chicanery.

Plus, the gpsd python module still requires gpsd libraries to be installed,
which is not pip compliant.

There is one that does that. The template source is in packaging/gpsd-setup.py.in it seems to not yet have made the transition to the new build layout.

[1] https://pypi.org/project/gps/