gpsd-dev

✘Major build change pushed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: ✘Major build change pushed
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 13:02:12 -0800

Yo All!

I had hoped to hold off on merging the buildtmp patches a bit longer to
check some rough edges, but the merge conflicts got into an infinite
loop.  So I merged into master while it was still possible.

If all you do is:
        scons -c
        scons && scons install

Then you will not notice any changes.

The big change is that compiled/derived files do not go back in
the file tree.  They go in a new directory under the root:
        gpsd-3.21.1~dev

If you edit a file in gpsd-3.21.1~dev it will get lost.

If you make a patch, you still patch the file in the place that
git put it.  Then scons sweeps it into the build directory.

What used to be in SConstruct is now in SConscript.  The new SConstruct
just makes the build tmp directory (gpsd-3.21.1~dev) and builds with
SConscript in that place.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588