gpsd-dev

Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: b32ff1a86 Breaks OSX and FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 19:10:39 -0500

Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/22/19 12:58 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>>> realizing we are using tcp, I doubt its an issue with the transport. I
>>> assume tcp is well enough tested on all BSD variants.
>>
>> Yes.  The code dates from the 80s and it is pretty well shaken out :-)
>> And, more or less if the TCP code were buggy (other than not quite
>> retransmitting on the right schedule to exactly meet the congestion
>> control specs) sort of thing, it would show up and would have been
>> fixed.  This could be the one thing that trips a bug, but that seems
>> unlikely.
>
> Could you tcpdump it and see if gpsfake is sending what it is supposed to?

I was just looking at things with fstat (native NetBSD program that is
sort of like lsof) and it seems the connection is a unix-domain stream
socket, not a TCP/localhost.

Obviously with high enough WRITE_PAD the right data is transferred.  I
have found that besides the hard-coded default of 0.004, 0.003 works,
and so far the run with 0.002 is working fine.  Using 0 results in
failures, though.