gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Upcoming migration to GitLab

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Upcoming migration to GitLab
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 19:09:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 26 May 2019, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Hal Murray <address@hidden>:

address@hidden said:
Strange.  Can anyone else get at it?
Works for me:
# git clone address@hidden:gpsd/gpsd.git

address@hidden xxx]$ git clone address@hidden:gpsd/gpsd.git
Cloning into 'gpsd'...
GitLab: You are not allowed to download code from this project.

I just enrolleed you as a developer. See if you can clone now?

You don't need to clone to test. Fetch is sufficient, and quite fast when fetching into a repo that already contains the content. See the examples from my earlier post.

I'm a bit puzzled.  The project visibility is definirely "public".

Did you do something to make Fork and Clone appear? Because they did, and I successfully forked the repo (though the fork count on the webpage is stale). I now have:

MacPro:gpsd fw$ git remote -v
main    ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/gpsd.git (fetch)
main    ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/gpsd.git (push)
origin  address@hidden:fhgwright/gpsd.git (fetch)
origin  address@hidden:fhgwright/gpsd.git (push)
upstream        address@hidden:gpsd/gpsd.git (fetch)
upstream        address@hidden:gpsd/gpsd.git (push)