[Gomp-discuss] Pragma idea...

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Pragma idea...
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:40:27 -0500

Hi,

It's early, and I haven't had much sleep, so maybe I'm just blowing foam,
but...

All OpenMP pragmas begin "#pragma omp". Given the limits of traditional C
progamas, couldn't we implement a separate compilation stream for OpenMP
directives? In other words, we bypass the existing #pragma handling when we
encounter the specific "#pragma omp" string, and drop into our own
semantics?

This approach would eliminate the need to modify the current pragama
handling in gcc.

..Scott