RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:57:41 -0500

Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Right now G77 expands to RTL in the front end, so it bypasses the
> tree-ssa infrastructure.

I was unaware of this; alas, I am not a compiler writer by trade.

> It's probably easier to extend g95 to allow more f77-style code.
> Actually we were discussing that on the gcc-g95 mailing list this week.

Yes, I've been reading the discussion.

> If we provide a language-independent interface, I don't see why we
> couldn't do this.  Especially ObjC, which really is just
> C-with-a-few-extra's.  But this should of course not have high priority.

I'm thinking in terms of how generic we make the front end support. The Mac
people seem terribly enamoured of Objective C, and it could probably use the
same syntax as the C implementation.

I'm just poking around, trying to see the depth and breadth of our efforts.

..Scott