Re: [Gomp-discuss] .. and the other bits

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] .. and the other bits
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:34:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, [iso-8859-1] Pop Sébastian wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 12:18:06PM +0000, Biagio Lucini wrote:
> >
> > The difficult part to me seems to be the environment variables. Leaving
> > aside for a moment OS's that does not have this concept and focusing on
> > Unix, is there an OS-free way of determining the environment?
> >

> I have no idea for this, except that PVM supports lots of OSes and uses
> environement variables for some of its initializations.  Maybe we could have
> a look at its source code when we'll need this...

That's a very good idea. I've also started to give a look at what has been
done in Open64, hoping that at least I could have grabbed the library. My
glance at the code however didn't give any interesting hint. I'll
subscribe at some point their development mailing list and ask specific
questions on the state of their implementation. I could also propose them
to share some common part of the work (libraries and environment variables
- for the latter at leat as far as Linux is concerned- being the obvious
target).

Cheers
Biagio