Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding procedure - clarification needed about Locatio

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Adding procedure - clarification needed about Locations
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:31:58 +0000

On 2013-07-31, at 2:20 PM, Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Is it necessary, and shall it remain necessary, that all orgs which perform
>> procedures be created in GNUmed as 'Hospitals'?
>
> Have you tried entering something else ?

Not knowingly…

I had wrongly assumed that any of my previous entries would have been appended
to the Org table, and auto-assigned the category of Hospital.

However, now that I look at the schema, I see in

        clin.procedure

a column 'clin_where' which may be used only when a hospitalization is not
being selected.

It bears pointing out that part of what has been confusing me is that in 1.3.7
the Location phrasewheel offers me more entries than exist across my values for

        clin.procedure.clin_where

        dem.org WHERE the dem.org_category is 'Hospital'

and for example offering me

        Enterprise Health Unit

which I cannot find from my queries below and begging the question of whence
the phrasewheel has been sourcing those values?

-- Jim

gnumed_v18=> SELECT clin_where from clin.procedure ;

-->     Cambie Surgical Centre
        VGH

gnumed_v18=> SELECT
d_o.pk, d_o.description org, d_oc.description category,
d_ou.description orgunit
FROM dem.org d_o
INNER JOIN dem.org_category d_oc
ON d_o.fk_category = d_oc.pk
INNER JOIN dem.org_unit d_ou
ON d_o.pk=d_ou.fk_org
WHERE d_oc.description != 'Practice' ;
  pk   |          org           |  category  |          orgunit
-------+------------------------+------------+----------------------------
 12352 | SPH                    | Laboratory | SPH
 12353 | external org           | Laboratory | external org
 12354 | inhouse lab            | Laboratory | inhouse lab
 12355 | patient                | Laboratory | patient
 12356 | your own practice      | Laboratory | your own practice
     2 | Starfleet Central      | Hospital   | Enterprise Main Lab
 24707 | Lifelabs               | Laboratory | Lifelabs
 24708 | BC Children's Hospital | Laboratory | BC Children's Hospital Lab
(8 rows)

end