Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some graphic designs for gnuMed

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some graphic designs for gnuMed
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:28:23 +1100

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:06, J Busser wrote:
> David Grant mentioned the bottom-left. Can we substitute the Gnu for
> the humanoid figure? Would a stethoscope fit? Are the green bits
> above the figure meant to be abstract? Dunno if a few of the icons
> Richard dropped into his demo (or variations thereof) would have
> merit e.g. a reflex hammer to imply physical exam, a test tube to
> represent blood / tests / results, maybe something to depict history,
> all components to represent what goes into Gnumed?

I like the bottom left figure best too.

Anybody seen the movie Brazil? Where the plumber gets suffocated by paper
flying in from everywhere and sticking onto him, symbolizing the death of
creativity by paperwork?

This little green figure with the green leaves somehow creates  the opposite
image in my mind - paper fleeing the human, and that's what we want to
achieve with gnumed, don't we?

Horst