Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: twiki and moin moin

From: kittylitter
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: twiki and moin moin
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:58:30 +0800

On Thu Mar  3  9:31 , David Grant  sent:

>David Grant wrote:
>> The major disadvantage of switching away from twiki, is as Jim and
>
>> Karsten were talking about, is that the syntax is different between
>
>> almost all wikis and also the links will be all screwed up. Someone

It's not that different. I spent 3 late nights ( countdown to the inevitable
late night AMI , but isn't that how  hackers die nobly (young)  ?) ,
 doing a twiki to moinmoin
markup parser, and over 95% of the links can be automatically mapped.

>> said that we haven't invested in anything wiki-specific, and that's
>
>> not true. Jim and others have invested a lot of time adding content,
>
>> and the content is twiki-specific.

>> The fact that moin moin is written in python comes up sometimes but it
>
>> is a moot point. No one in the gnumed project is interested in
>
>> re-writing bits of code for the wiki (I hope). There are so many wiki
>
>> projects out there, no need to look at the source code for any of
>
>> them, or to modify it. Just find on and use it. If a wiki was written
>
>> in COBOL, and if it was the best, then we should use it.

if everyone adopted that type of logic, then why don't we all become
real estate agents.