Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 35

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 35
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:51:10 +0100

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:14 pm, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> To me XML-RPC seems about the same as gmTmpPatient in feel
> except that the former is connected via TCP/IP instead of
> direct API calls. Hence I can see it being used. The one thing
> I do not like about it is lack of authentication.

Don't worry about authentication.
For now, use XML-RPC as a surrogate for internal API.
Use only ports that you have plugged in your firewall.
Leave authentication til later, otherwise we'll scare too many people. It is
easy to bolt on afterwards, no problem. If you have any doubts - check Zope.

Horst