gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Transitive closure is finished

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Transitive closure is finished
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 23:14:48 +0000

Hi Bruno,

I'm really glad to tell you that I've finished transitive closure. I've done
some fixes, so now we get the right list of the modules. Tomorrow I'll
implement transitive_closure_separately. I have only two small questions:

1. At lines 2859--2871 we have a some strange lines. Why do we need to call
transitive closure again? Why can't we just use main_modules=final_modules?
Transitive closure takes a lot of time in bash, and I don't want to leave it in
Python (though it takes about 1--2 seconds to perform transitive closure for m4
package, I don't want to waste time again).

2. Did I understood correctly that we just need to get two lists: the first
list is for modules whose applicability is 'main', and the second is for all
other modules?

P.S. Thank you very much for the previous two letters. However, I've already
answered on these questions when I was reading the code. :-) The recommendation
how to test bash variables is a very good one, I think I'll follow it, though
before I've followed such way to get the value of variable:

echo "$sourcebase" > ~/sourcebase
exit

All what I need is to put lines like these in the code of the old gnulib-tool.