gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Getting cached values of variables

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Getting cached values of variables
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 03:54:33 +0400

Hi Bruno,

the question is already solved. It seems I've found a way to realize the same actions using Python. The main problem was to extract all the variables in one regexp, so I had to change it, but now it is even more clear than it was. I think tomorrow evening I'll make the next commit to show what I've done; not earlier, because things need changes and some must be set more accurate. However it seems that the extraction from gnulib-cache.m4 shall work. The next aim is to understand the principle how the extraction from gnulib-comp.m4 works and perhaps to write testing (it can be more difficult than before since this part inside original gnulib-tool script is hidden and didn't show its actions; I'll think about it).
Thank you for the good and clear answer, as always. I admit you are right; I didn't want to use shell too, but I didn't see other way to do it easy and clear in Python. Now it seems I've found this way. :-)