gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Welcome

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Welcome
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:08:51 +0400

> whether and how to support Python 3
The code available at github currently runs successfully under Python 2 and Python 3. I will try to avoid the pitfalls and to save backward compatibility if possible. However in talk with Bruno we decided that the main language for our needs is Python 3, so in a desperate situation I think I'll follow Python 3 way, even though I prefer Python 2. It seems the future belogns to Python 3, because Python 2 is closed for implementing new fetures. However we probably need to discuss if there is something unclear.

you merge his work in the Gnulib official tree
I think that we can leave development at two git repos: when there will be stable version you can merge it to savannah, but it seems that leving github for development and experimental features is not bad idea.

By the way, if I have some questions about how old gnulib-tool works, shall I ask Bruno directly (because he is one of two (now three) authors) or I can post my questions in this list?