gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Welcome

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Welcome
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:28:33 +0400

Hi, Stefano!

> Wouldn't it be better if the development took place in a dedicated branch
> (or set of branches) in the gnulib official repository on Savannah?  See:
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git>
I chose primary between github, bitbucet and gitorious. Because I'm now only learning to use git, I've chosen the most famous and the easiest one. It has also proven its stability. I also don't know if savannah git has some good features like commenting on the parts of source code. But there are more reasons why it's better to host at github: I've already uploaded two first commits, so development has already started before you have written. :-)
So it seems it is better to stick to github (for some time may be). I think that when project will be ready we can move it to savannah.

> I think the policy around here it to send each change
There will be a lot of changes since I'm going to rewrite gnulib-tool completely, so if we start to discuss every change, it will take years to finish. I think we will discuss every change that will be reflected in the original program.

Let's wait for Bruno to give his opinion.

27 апреля 2012 г. 12:12 пользователь Stefano Lattarini <address@hidden> написал:
On 04/26/2012 01:32 PM, Dmitriy Selyutin wrote:
> Greetings everyone!

Hi!

> This is a discuss list for implementation of gnulib-tool in Python. All the
> development is hosted at GitHub in public repository,

Wouldn't it be better if the development took place in a dedicated branch
(or set of branches) in the gnulib official repository on Savannah?  See:
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git>

In addition, I believe most gnulib contributors don't even have a GitHub
account (even Bruno doesn't, in fact, unless I'm mistaken).

> so you can see the development process and all the changes.

I think the policy around here it to send each change to the mailing list for
review before applying it; even if it is a quick fix or an uncontroversial
change that can be applied right away, it should still be sent to the list
as an "FYI".

> You can clone this repository to have a local copy. If you wish to commit
> something, you probably have to ask me for password.
>
> Welcome to gnulib-python GitHub and good luck!

Good luck to you as well ;-)

Best regards,
 Stefano