gnuherds-app-dev

Re: [gnu.org #303136] Merging the FSF jobs page and GNU Herds

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #303136] Merging the FSF jobs page and GNU Herds
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:40:46 +0200

Daniel Clark via RT wrote:
> > > From: Richard M. Stallman
> > > What is this ticket?  Please email me the original message.
> >
> > The GNU Herds webapp is already hosted at one of the FSF servers, at a
> > Xen domU, with IP 140.186.70.27.  The project is on a second development
> > phase.
[...]
> > We have Ward Vandewege as sysadmin contact. Is Ward Vandewege part of
> > the FSF sysadmin team yet?
>
> Yes, he is - although he is on vacation until late next month. For any
> maintenance on your servers you should instead contact address@hidden,
> which ward, jag and I all monitor.

We will do.

> This sounds as if it's resolved, so I'm going to mark it as such -
> please reply if that is wrong and you need us to do something else for
> you before this ticket can be considered completed.

We consider this ticket completed due to we can not do such merging now.

We should finish the current GNU Herds tasks under development and then:

 * do the needed development to allow link to the FSF jobs from GNU Herds, or

 * develop a new FSF jobs page (Python) which save the offers in a
   improved GNU Herds database, so getting two frontends:

    - the FSF jobs listing (payed service) and

    - GNU Herds (gratis service)

   Additional we should tend some bridges with Savannah. Note the kind
   of things SourceForge and others are doing; The below text is included on
   every SourceForge email which gets into any SourceForge mailing list...

      just about anything Open Source.

 * or ...

We can do a lot more, but we are a little overloaded, you know.

We will request permission to open another new ticket at the right time if it
is needed.