gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Localization not using Unicode?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Localization not using Unicode?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:53:41 +0200

Hi Lars,

Good point!.  I will change the Spanish messages.po file too. Is UTF-8
the right Unicode encoding to use?.

Maybe we should change all files to an Unicode encoding, even the
.php, .tpl, etc., which could have some strings embedded. I can carry
out such task using emacs to force saving with an encoding.

P.S.: My Internet provider has not set up the connection at my new
home yet, so the delay in the reply. I am not at work.

Regards,
Davi

Laurentiu Matei <address@hidden>:
Hi!

I am looking at the GNU Hers localization in order to add Romanian
translation.

 From what I see localization files are saved as ISO 8859-1 and not as
Unicode as I would expect. This obviously limits localization
possibilities.

Will this be changes so Unicode is used?

Regards,
Lars