[gnugo-devel] Re: [computer-go] gnugo

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: [computer-go] gnugo
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:00:49 +0200

Nick wrote:
> I would like to persuade the GNU Go team to enter GNU Go for these
> events whenever possible.  However, negotiating with the GNU Go team is
> like negotiating with a hydra.  Maybe they will discuss this among
> themselves, and appoint someone whose job it is to arrange for it to
> enter.

Well, you know, it's not always any easier on the hydra side. :-)
It does look, however, like I'm currently in the best position to
enter GNU Go so I will try to do that whenever I'm not away.

> By the way - I hope that a GNU Go representative is in Prague on July
> 27th, so that I can deliver the pint (or more plausibly litre) of beer
> that it won in the zeroth event.

As far as I know there won't be, at least nobody on the GNU Go
development list has responded about entering the program in the EGC
computer tournament.

If someone else feels like operating GNU Go in Prague, please drop a
note to address@hidden Similarly we probably will need outside
help to be able to enter the Olympiad and the other tournament in
Taiwan.

(We have no possibility to fund any travels so it would have to be
someone who lives there or is planning to be there anyway. We do have
funds for entrance fees, however. For the Prague event it might be
possible to arrange something with that pint of beer...)

/Gunnar