Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:33:24 -0800

> > On my machine, GNU Go still generated 118 at O15 when the game was
> > replayed using --replay black. When I loaded the game and
> > generated a move it played S19.
>
> Ok, I didn't try replaying.

I suppose this must be a persistent cache effect.

> > Black should have killed the upper right corner at 42.
>
> Huh? Do you mean defended the upper right corner?

No, I meant KILLED the upper LEFT. (I wrote this email
in a hurry.) Clearly if B defends the C18 stones, say
at F16, W is dead.

> I suppose you mean semeai. I agree that A14 wins
> outright.

Right, I meant semeai.

> Also agreed. Please add to semeai.tst. These should be possible to
> solve.

There's yet another semeai problem in this game. At the end
of the game, B can kill by exchanging B:M18 W:N17 B:P19.

Dan