Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:30:52 -0800

> I can give two reasons for not adding an antisuji pattern.
>
> (1) Might be useful as a ko threat.
>
> (2) The send-two-return-one move is a warning of a deeper
> problem which might go unnoiticed if the move is fixed
> by superficial means. Perhaps we would not have seen
> this game if move 118 had been made but not move 120.

To amplify (2), if the owl or semeai code finds such a move
and it is silently overruled when shapes finds an antisuji
move, this is arguably worse than if the move were actually
played, since there is a concealed bug in the owl or semeai
reading.

I added this game to the CVS as regression/games/verybad.sgf.

Dan